SWISS GEOSCIENCE MASTER CONGRESS 2019
Welcome on the website of the 5th SGMC 2019!
The Swiss Geoscience Master Congress is a national event, which takes place before the Swiss Geoscience Meeting, from and for master students and prospective master students in the area of geosciences. Interesting talks and posters are guaranteed! It is a perfect occasion to meet other students from different universities and learn about their studies and master programme all along the country. Students from other Universities around the World are also very welcome to participate to this event.
You want to present your ongoing master work to a like-minded audience? Or you are interested in the current master projects of young scientists?
The program and abstract booklet is now ONLINE!
The Campus Pérolles is located south of the main railway station of Fribourg, close to the Natural History Museum (Musée d’histoire naturelle) and the Botanical Garden. From the railway station, the campus is reachable by foot in 15mn, or by the busses 1 (direction Marly), 3 (direction Pérolles) or 7 (direction Cliniques), until the bus stop “Charmettes” (5min)
The Congress will take place in the Geography building (PER 14), on the ground floor.
Université de Fribourg
Departement of Geosciences
Chemin du Musée 4
PER 14 – 0.026 (grand auditoire)
To participate you have to register (as listener or speaker) with the link provided below. The whole event (coffee, lunch and apero incl.) is free of charge! So don’t think twice and sign in
Deadline for abstract submission and participation registration: 1st November 2019
The registration window is closed
Information on talks and posters
- Talks should not exceed 15 minutes (12 min plus 3 min discussion).
- Provide your presentation in a powerpoint-file or as a pdf.
- Both, PC- and Mac-Systems are available, however, we ask you to prepare your presentation Mac-System compatible.
- Please do not bring your personal PC/Mac for the presentations.
- Beamer-format is 16:9, please prepare your presentation accordingly.
- There is no microphone available.
- Presentations for the morning session can be uploaded prior to the meeting from 09.00 a.m. on. For the afternoon session, presentations can also be uploaded during the lunch break.
- Posters should be size A0, portrait-format.
- Poster-print is not provided; bring your own poster.
- We provide taks to hang up your poster.
- You can hang up your poster prior to the meeting from 09.00 a.m. on.
- Poster presentations will be during the coffee-breaks and lunch-break.
“Best Talk / Best Poster Award”
Among all speakers, the best talk and the best poster gets rewarded with an exlusive prize! The winners will be chosen by the audience.
Key note speakers
- Gunter Siddiqi (Swiss Federal Office of Energy/Bundesamt für Energie/Office fédéral de l’énergie)
Mr. Siddiqi is a permanent guest of the association Geothermie Schweiz. He will tell us more about deep geothermal energy in Switzerland, its state of development, the environmental, economic, social and political issues it creates, as well as the possible future job opportunities for geoscientists in that field.
- Romain Amiot (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique)
Dr. Amiot is permanent researcher at University Lyon 1 (France). He conducts interdisciplinary projects between geochemistry and paleontology. His research focuses on stable isotopes, Mesozoic paleoclimate, and thermoregulation of Mesozoic reptiles. He comes to talk about his experience in academics.
You can contact us at email@example.com
The Organisation Committee
Vivian Leuenberger, Laura Dziomber, Geraldine Zimmerli, Leo Sapia, Janine Sturny, Alice Zimmermann, Nils Andersson
The Swiss Geoscience Master Congress 2019 is possible thanks to the funding and the support of the Swiss Academy of Sciences and the University of Fribourg.
Our flyer can be download here : flyer